I am always on the lookout for quick and easy meals that can easily be prepared after a long day at work. I recently bought a box of chicken breasts that for some reason just didn’t seem to be of the highest quality. I decided to pre-boil the breasts and then use the cooked chicken for easy meal preparation. I found this Chicken Enchilada recipe on All Recipes. It had high ratings and looked super simple to prepare. I was able to whip it up in about 15 minutes with the chicken having been pre-cooked.
I can’t say this is anything fancy, but I give it a 5 STAR rating. It got rave reviews from the whole family which is not an easy feat and was super easy to make. The flavour was great and I made do with the ingredients I had on hand, which meant that I did make a few modifications to the original recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cooking spray to lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the green onions and sauté until tender. Add the garlic powder, and then stir in the green chiles (or broiled jalapenos), cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well.
- Set aside approximately 3/4 of the sauce.
- Add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan. Stir to mix.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
The original recipe calls for 6 tortillas and suggests that it serves 6. I found the filling was more suitable for 4 tortillas, but we were all left wishing there were more. I would suggest doubling the recipe or sticking to a single recipe and serving the enchiladas with soup or salad for a more complete meal.
2 thoughts on “Best Ever Left Over Chicken Enchiladas”
Sounds like a winner to me Cindy. I think I should make it this week. Thank you so much/
Pingback: Delicious Crock Pot Chicken Chili | Cindy Roy