Well, after many months of planning and working to get this pulled together, we finally got our new coffee station up and running. We still haven’t figured out exactly how we’ll set-up the sugar, spoons, guest cups, etc, but at least we can say it’s up and running. You may remember a few previous posts that highlighted an ugly thrift store painting and old buffet in dire need of some TLC. Here are the before and afters!
The completed station turned out well and seems to function much better for our large staff. Instead of having the counter tops cluttered with numerous coffee machines, we were able to develop a separate coffee station that is set apart from the busy “kitchen area”.
You can probably see the heavy metal wire below. We had to have an electrician in to place a plug on the wall. We carefully measured it out and gave explicit directions, but because we all have a jobs to do and didn’t actually supervise the installation, we ended up with an ugly plug installed on the outside of the wall. Silly me, I just assumed it would be set into the wall just like any other plug. Oh well, it isn’t really that noticable (except when your standing back to take a picture)!!
Stay tuned…..Eden and I have been super busy re-doing her bedroom. It is a huge undertaking and is taking up all of my spare time. I have a feeling it will “evolve” and not be completely finished for some time, but I will start posting as soon as we have made a little more progress.