A colleague brought this yummy cake like dessert to share with our staff and it was stop in your tracks deeelicious! I love pumpkin and although this is somewhat similar to a traditional pumpkin pie it is also like nothing I’d ever tasted before. It is super easy to make and my neighbour said it might seriously be the best dessert she ever tasted! I’m not sure about that, but I guarantee it will please any pumpkin loving guest.
Pumpkin Pie Cake:
- 1 – 28 oz. can of pumpkin purée
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 cup butter – melted
- 1 cup of pecans
- whipping cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and pour into a greased 9 X 13″ cake pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the batter.
- Pour melted butter over the cake and then sprinkle with the pecans.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool and serve with whipping cream.
*Although I didn’t do this, my friend suggested adding the nuts about half way through the baking time, so that they don’t get too brown. I put mine in the whole time and they seemed fine, but I may try it the other way next time just to compare.