As a soup lover, I am always on the hunt for new and delicious recipes. I found this recipe online several years ago and it has become a staple in our menu. I love the combination of flavours and you never have to worry about it turning out bland. It is thick and delicious and super easy to make.
Broccoli Apple Soup
- one large head of broccoli
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples; peeled, cored and chopped
- 50 g (2 oz). of butter
- 1 chopped red onion
- 750 ml of vegetable stock
- pepper to taste
- 3 oz. of cream
- grated cheddar
- Discard the tough stem from the broccoli and coarsely chop.
- Melt the butter. Sauté onions and apples for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and broccoli. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Purée the soup. Return to the saucepan and heat slowly. Add pepper and cream.
- Serve with grated cheddar and croutons.
This Broccoli and Apple Soup recipe was originally found on Brittania.com.
If you are interested in learning to blog, do not miss this opportunity to learn how the pros blog with a revolutionary new blogging platform. Click here to learn more.