I am a total sucker for peanut butter and chocolate and when I came across this recipe on “I Heart Nap Time”, I just had to try it. Being able to do very little over the past 10 days, I at least managed to try out this new recipe. These yummy bars taste just like Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups and were loved by the entire family ~ even Shay who is generally anti-peanut butter anything! Of course, my brain got quite rattled in my fall and it didn’t even cross my mind to take a photo of the bars before the entire pan was gobbled up. If you want to check-out what the bars look like follow the link back to Jamielyn’s blog.
This being the first time I made these, I didn’t change a thing and there is no need to. They were perfect as is. However, I did use a combination of white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips, but only because that was what I had on hand. These are require no baking and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. They do need to set for about an hour, but the prep is super fast and easy. I love finding great no-bake recipes for summer as our house just gets way too hot when you use the oven. I couldn’t help but imagine what this peanut butter mixture would be like if I somehow combined it with this no-bake chocolate brownie recipe I have – mmmm Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies sound simply delicious!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 (11 oz) bag milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Dump the peanut butter mixture into a 9×13 pan and spread it out to make a smooth surface.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (at 50% power) for 1-2 minutes. Stir chocolate and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread chocolate with a spatula. To even out chocolate, tap pan on the counter.
- Refrigerate bars for one hour. Cut while bars are still cool. Enjoy!
These are a really great treat for adults and kids alike, but be sure to serve them when you don’t have guests with a nut allergy.