You might remember my October post on making Yummy Halloween Candy Corn Cookie Bark. This is a super easy holiday treat and now with the candy industry making candy corn in various colours specific to the holiday season, you can change-up the candy corn to fit with any theme. I can’t promise all of these colours will be available in your local area, but Bulk Barn usually carries a bit of a selection for specific holidays.
It seems like we have a busy week ahead of us. I am in charge of the snack at Eden’s Girl Guides on Monday, a school bake sale on Friday and a possible class party that we will need to send goodies for. I am not 100% sure how many things I will need for all of the events this week, but I decided to spend a few hours baking on Sunday afternoon, so that I would be somewhat prepared.
CANDY CORN OREO COOKIE BARK
- 14 whole Oreos, broken up
- 1 1/2 C pretzels, broken into pieces. I used the small stick pretzels
- 1 lb. white chocolate melting discs (I used about 1 1/2 pounds for mine and really find that the extra chocolate is needed.)
- 1 C candy corn (colour of your choice)
- sprinkles, edible sequins or coloured sugar in the colours of your choice (Bulk Barn has a great selection.)
- coloured chocolate wafers (sometimes I will melt a few coordinating coloured wafers to drizzle over the top as well)
- Cover a large cookie sheet with wax paper
- Mix the broken cookies, pretzels and about 3/4 C of the candy corn in a bowl
- Spread the candy mixture onto the waxed paper
- Place white chocolate in a container and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes
- Stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds until melted and smooth
- White chocolate melts faster and burns easier than chocolate
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture, spreading with spatula to coat evenly
- Sprinkle remaining candy corn and coloured sprinkles over the chocolate quickly before it sets
- Place the cookie tray in the refrigerator until set and firm
- Remove and gently break bark into small pieces
- Store in air tight container or place in cellophane bags if you wish to share!
Want to learn how the pro’s blog? If you’re interested in earning money from home, it makes sense to learn blogging and internet marketing techniques from the best on the web. If you’d like to receive the same training that’s helped me to launch my blog, you should click to find out how I did it.